Sunday, January 4, 2009

Matches and projects update!

So I finally got another color ink cartridge for my printer and was excited to get home and finish what I had started with my match boxes. I made a few more designs just to see which I like better and now I can't decide!
Materials:
Microsoft Powerpoint
Xyron sticker machine with permanent adhesive cartridge (I may buy a laminate/adhesive cartridge to try that out too!)
Scissors (I also plan to bring my paper cutter home from school to finish this project.)
Cardstock to print onto
A package of Diamondbrands match boxes
ruler

1. I measured the box carefully and then cut piece of paper to actually see what fit on top of the box.
2. With measurements in hand, I opened powerpoint and created a rectangle with the exact measurements. After creating the rectangle, I played around with fonts, colors, and lines, etc.
3. Once I had my design, I printed it out onto cardstock and cute it carefully. (Like I said before, I will definitely be using my paper cutter instead of scissors for a more exact cut.)
4. I ran each of the cut out rectangles through the sticker machine and attached them to the top of the box.
Voila...the finished product! Should I use just one? Or all 3?

One more project with the sticker machine...

Mr. G and I plan to give out scratch-off lottery tickets as our favors. I have found the envelopes that I will place them in along with a penny for scratching, but I wanted to create a label for the outside of the envelope.

Materials:

Powerpoint

Cardstock (I think I may use regular paper or even a full sheet label paper)

Scrapbook 2.5" circle punch

Xyron Sticker machine (only if I use paper instead of the label paper)


2 comments:

Stefanie K. said...

I like all three matchbook designs, but if you decide to only go with one, I like the last one best. But I think variety is nice too!

Mrs. G said...

Thanks for all your input! :)