Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Rant and some DIY

I am finally done with school for the summer and what a relief it is to know that, yes, I DO have a job next year! Whoo! Now I can focus on wedding preparations and the countdown that is looming inside my head! 53 more days...

Mr. G is out of town this week so I am left to lounge around (without feeling guilty) and really get a start on the projects that I have been saving for summer vacation.

First I should tell you that our invitations went out exactly one week ago and I have been squeeling to the mailbox every day since then! We already have a stack of RSVP cards returned and I'm so excited! PEOPLE ARE COMING TO MY WEDDING! I have also been quite disappointed in people...don't you know how to fill out the response card? You write your name on the line that looks like this: "M____________________________" How hard is that? Apparently, it's hard for some people...this is my favorite...


If you can't read it, it says "Be there or be Square!!! Love ya...." WTF?!?!? At least it had something on it...we got another one that had nothing on it...just a check mark! Ahh...people...PUT YOUR NAME ON IT FOR GOD'S SAKE!

Ok...rant over...moving on...

My next project to tackle is the timeline. Which, honestly, drives me insane! It changes like every day when I decide that we need more time for this or that. I have come to a rough outline that I feel comfortable handing out to our bridal party...I even made it cute!

One for the girls


One for the boys

And the two together (with my new cute placemats!)

Any tips for timeline? Anything you wish you had left more time for?

6 comments:

kelly said...

#1 that is HILARIOUS and i wish i hadn't put my rsvp in the mail today because i would have thought of something equally poetic to write to you;

#2 how cute are your timelines?? i love them!

Shell said...

haha - those are funny rsvp cards! i noticed a few other brides had numbered their rsvp cards - now i know why! i'll have to keep this in mind as we put together our invitations!

fabulous timelines! i will be putting together a timeline for our attendants as well (http://everthineweddings.blogspot.com/2009/05/wedding-party-itineraries.html). i just hope they reference them every once in awhile throughout the big day :P

august15bride said...

Your timelines are adorable! My invitations are going out today - I'm so excited to start getting RSVPs back!

Nicole-Lynn said...

The timeline cards came out awesome! I love this idea, thanks.

Looking forward to seeing more DIY projects..

Shelley said...

Love your timeline cards!! What program did you use to make them? I have to start working on mine tomorrow night! Agh!

Mrs. G said...

Hi Shelley...thank you so much! I just used Microsoft Word for my timelines. I found clip art and just made columns to keep everything in line! Good luck!