Saturday, December 27, 2008

Where to begin?

Well...in the last couple weeks since I last posted things have been super busy! I haven't accomplished a whole lot wedding related because of Christmas and such...but we did do a few things.

We tasted cake at Freeport Bakery and decided that it was much better tasting and almost $400 cheaper!! Where do I sign? Needless to say, we are going with this bakery rather than the first that we tasted.

All of our Christmas cards with save the dates were sent out, however, not without a few screaming matches with the printer...ugh! Let's just say that I thought printing labels would save me some time...yeah...not so much. I ended up having to buy twice as many packages of labels because the stupid things wouldn't print in the right place! I still have a few more save the dates to mail, but have yet to work up the patience for another fight with the printer...

I met with all the bridesmaids and saw each of them in their dress...yes, I even flew to Tucson for Brittney and Stephanie! There was a game of "musical dresses" as dresses were exchanged and others were tried on. In the end, 2 girls traded dresses and another returned hers and got a different style. The count...1 scoopneck, 2 strapless, and 4 halter. Poofiness to be fixed at a later date...

We recieved our first gifts off our Crate and Barrel registry! Mr. G's parents bought us 2 bowls, 2 square plates, and 2 wine glasses for Christmas. Soo exciting! I can't help but admit I was checking the list and saw that they had been purchased...I'm just glad to finally know who now!

I had a hair and make-up trial run today with a fabulous make-up artist. She came to my house and did me up right in the living room! I think I look great in the pictures, but a bit scary in real life...she's going to look for some different, more natural looking lashes for me to wear. Still not sure about my hair...


No comments: