Sunday, March 8, 2009

Checks!

Whoo hoo...feels so good to get things checked off the list!

1. Mr. G's wedding band is picked out and on lay-away at ShaneCo.

2. We booked our honeymoon flights a week ago! Sooo so exciting...St. Lucia here we come!

3. Yesterday my mom and I took advantage of no sales tax at IKEA and bought 400 tealights, holders for all of them, a few bowls to serve as ashtrays for Mr. G's cigar bar, and 8 vases for the bridesmaid bouquets at the reception all for under $150!

4. We also made our way over to Men's Warehouse Tux and picked out all the tuxes for all the boys.

5. I FINALLY found my match boxes so now I can start on those. (See here)

**Question...what do you think of putting a few match boxes on each table and having the guests light the candles?? Tacky or no??

6. Scheduled an appointment with the florist to discuss potential centerpieces. Details to come!

My new idea...not quite these colors but this kind of concept I guess...

2 comments:

Stefanie K. said...

Wow, great job getting all that stuff done!

I don't think it's tacky to have them light candles, if you're doing that like, by design...BUT, I wouldn't be surprised if it's something your florist or venue coordinator are willing and able to do for you just after you're married and before people enter the reception room. I might be concerned about missing that OOooh Ahhhhh moment from your guests that comes from a room with candlelight all around, you know?

Is Ambience maybe doing centerpieces for you now? She does such a great job!

I looooved the picture...very neat. Would you wrap the ribbon and all yourself? That's so neat! You can get excellent deals on ribbon and do that ahead of time...really cool!!

Mrs. G said...

Yeah, we are still considering donig them ourselves but I'm really liking the idea of paying someone else to do it and save myself the headache. I'm meeting with Katie next week. We would definitely do the ribbon ourselves even if we don't have Katie do the centerpieces.

As for the candles, our ceremony and reception are all in the same place. We are basically having the ceremony on one end of the yard and the reception will be on the other end so the guests will already see everything when they get there for the ceremony. Still need to talk to the caterer and see if they can do this.

PS...we took your idea and snuggled up at the drive in on Friday night...sooo much fun!