Saturday, March 14, 2009

"Pretty nice little Saturday actually..."

I've been on a roll this afternoon! Mr. G went to the state basketball games that were being played today which gave me all kinds of time to spread my "wedding stuff" all over the living room!

First up...my matches project!

Step one: print my design on our trusty old ink jet

Step two: Cut the rectangles out with my paper cutter




Step three: Run each of the rectangles through my Xyron machine to add permanent sticker backing to them.



Step four: Stick the rectangles carefully to the match boxes and...voila!


Next up...I assembled and addressed 10 of my invites! I know what you're thinking...waaaaay early...I KNOW...but hey this means that I can do 10 at a time and not have to do all 180 of them in one weekend! Yay me!

On another note, we ordered my ring (squeeee!!!) and a new one for Mr. G...long story...here goes...

We had gone last weekend to ShaneCo (my engagement ring is from here) to see about my wedding band and see what they had as far as men's bands go. Mr. G found one in a style that he liked, but it was platinum and he really wanted white gold for better durability. We put the platinum ring on layaway thinking that when we went back to ShaneCo to order my ring we would see if there was something else. Well...fast forward to this past Thursday, I took both Thursday and Friday off this week (mental health days :)) so I was out and about and went into Rogers to look around. They had a ring in the very same style that Mr. G picked out AND it was white gold. It was also a better price. They also had my ring and I asked about their price. The girl told me that it was about $2200 and to that I just said OK, because I knew that ShaneCo had a better price for it. She asked if I wanted to order my ring and I casually said "No thank you"...of course she asked me why and I quietly say that we had found it for a better price. "Well, how much??" she asks..."about $1900" I say..."Hmm...let me see what I can do." She came back and said they would beat the price by $100 and offer it to me for $1800. Woah...OK...umm...I don't really know what to do at this point!! I just came in to look and now I'm feeling like I have to do this right now! Fortunately, I had her put everything in writing for me and told her that I would call my fiance and we would come back later that night to look.

I call Mr. G and he agrees to go back later that night to look. In the meantime, I call ShaneCo to make sure that we can get our deposit for Mr. G's original ring back if he did indeed like the one at Rogers better.

ShaneCo - Yes, of course, but what happenend? Are you not happy with this one or our customer service??

Me - No...we just found something we like better.

ShaneCo - Well what can we do to make you happy?

Me - Umm nothing yet. We just found another ring that he likes better and were wondering if we could get our deposit back! (Yeesh!)

Long story short, ShaneCo ends up beating Rogers' price for my ring and Rogers then proceeds to beat ShaneCo's price again. In the end...we ordered both rings from Rogers AND I got my deposit back from ShaneCo...whew! (Is this what it feels like to be a car salesman??)

I feel like the months are FLYING by...down to 4 1/2 months! Woah!

3 comments:

Ready to be Mrs. B! said...

Great job on the stickers!!! And AWESOME work starting ahead of time on the invites! I still need to order mine...eeek!

I hate my hair too! It's at this awkward length. I've been a pony-tail girl the past few weeks too! I'm making an appointment right after the wedding to chop it off! haha

Nicole-Lynn said...

These turned out great! Thanks for the step by step! I have a question -- what ink jet printer do you have? Do you like it? Why didn't you just use sticker labels? I am thinking of getting a xyron machine, but not sure what use I would get out of it. Pros and cons please! :)

Mrs. G said...

We have an HP all in one printer, scanner, and copier. I started using the sticker labels for the matches, but it wasn't thick enough paper and you could see the original match label through. I ended up printin on cardstock and running through the Xyron machine. I LOVE the Xyron...I have used it for many other little things and you can buy different cartridges for it. I considered making my own STD magnets, but ran out of time before Christmas, so they were purchased. But, the Xyron has a laminate and magnet cartridge that I would have used. I also used it for pieces of my invitation assembly. It works great for anything...you can even just get laminating film with no sticky backing. Get yourself a 40% off coupon and get to Michaels!