Saturday, October 17, 2009

Wedding Recap: Reception Part 2

{Sorry for being MIA for almost 2 weeks!}

After dinner we were able to mingle for a little while before the music began and we really started dancing.  The weather was fabulous, not to hot, not too cold...until...the sun went down.  The breeze came up and without the warmth of the sun...it was chilly!  I don't remember being cold, but I do know that many of our guests began to leave because of the cool breeze and we hadn't even cut the cake yet!  About 9:15 we began toasts, cut the cake and followed with the garter and bouquet tosses.  Of course we danced the night away until about 11:30 after that! 

Maid of Honor's speech about eating oreos when we were 7
and getting sick because we ate so many...too funny!



Best Man's speech about sitting through rainy football games...
I'm sure there will be many more!


Cake:  lemon poppyseed w/lemon buttercream, chocolate w/strawberry buttercream and vanilla buttermilk w/strawberry buttercream...makes my mouth water just typing this!




First dance to Brad Paisley's "Then"



Garter "removal"

Mr. G put the garter around to football to throw...it was a huge success, the guys loved it!



My bouquet toss

Immediately following the bouquet toss while all the ladies were still out there, my DJ played a song (Martina McBride's "This One's for the Girls) just for us girls to dance to...soo much fun!


A few pictures from the cigar bar that was set up after dinner and cake



Last song of the night "Time of My Life"
(from Dirty Dancing...pretty much my favorite movie of all time!)


And finally...me *gently* urging my new husband to get into the limo and leave with me...haha


I still have a few recaps left so stay tuned for those!

No comments: