Saturday, October 17, 2009

Wedding Recap: Bridesmaid Gifts

I debated almost the entire length of my engagement about what I was going to get to thank the fabulous girls that stood next to me on my wedding day.  I started early and just kept finding small things that I added to their bag of loot!  My advice is to start early and buy things over time.  That way you aren't spending all the money at once and it's more manageable to spend a bit more because you're doing it over time...at least that's how I rationalized it!

If you remember from a previous post, I also paid for the girls to get manicures and pedicures the day before the wedding...we had a great time getting pampered together! 

Part 1:
cute fabric covered rings from etsy seller brookerpie
each girl got a different design
i didn't anticipate them weraing them with their dresses but they did!



Part 2:
green crystal earrings also from etsy, but the seller is no longer around
this is one of the only pictures i have :(


Part 3:
my mom made each of the girls a small jewelry pouch in their favorite color
and i put their earrings and rings inside
here is the picture of mine...most of theirs were purple!


Part 4:
i got each girl a different necklace from dogeared
each fit her favorite color or something about her personality

Part 5:
personalized coffee tumblers also from etsy
each got a different color with their first initial


Part 6:
everything was packaged in the infamous LLBean Boat and Tote bag!
each girl got their favorite color and their first name embroidered on the outside
of course...i had to buy one for myself too!


Overall, I spent more than what is probably average for bridesmaid gifts.  My feeling was that these girls are my sisters and my best friends and I should treat them like queens.  They spent money on their dresses, shoes, getting their hair done, my shower, gifts for me and I felt I needed to show them how appreciative I was of their love and support.  And of course, it's just fun to buy presents!

Love you girls!

4 comments:

Julie C. said...

Best bride ever!!! Wore my necklace yesterday, use my coffee mug daily!!! Loved everything!!!! We were SPOILED!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for your girls. Truly beautiful rings.

kelly : pinetothepacific said...

i agree with jules...so spoiled. i use my goodies all the time!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Great gifts! I would have loved to be your bridesmaid :)