Sunday, November 1, 2009

Apple pie and Macaroons

Seriously...the most random combination but oh sooo good!  I have been on a baking spree for the last couple weekends.  A month or so ago, I made this amazing Apple Crisp Pie from the Williams-Sonoma website.  YUM!  Mr. G loved it!  So when he announced that he was making dinner for me last night, I asked if he wanted me to make some dessert...of course was the answer and so I made the pie again.  Today it looks something like this...


Yep...that's right...half eaten!

Now, on Wednesday I ventured to San Francisco with my 30 fifth graders and 19 of their parents along with 4 other classes of students from my school.  (I'm getting to the macaroons I swear!)  It was quite the journey as the Bay Bridge was closed the previous night due to an accident during construction.  Anyways, while we were at the De Young Musuem for the King Tut exhibit, we had the most amazing chocolate dipped macaroon ever.  I swore to myself that I was going to make them this weekend and try to recreate the coconuty goodness!  Well...I tried and they aren't terrible, but they aren't quite right.  The recipe called for 2 extra large egg whites and all I had were large eggs, so I put in about 2 1/2 large egg whites and I think they separated a little too much.  Guess that means I'll have to make them again to get it right?


Still waiting for their chocolate bath :)

Chicken Quesadilla Pie for dinner tonight...mmm!

No comments: