Sunday, April 26, 2009

Favors galore!

After looking at the calendar and realizing that I need to send out my invitations in about 5 weeks, a shiver of slight panic ran through my body! Eeek! I hit double digits and now I feel like it will be a race to the finish!

So, this weekend I decided to get my booty in gear and get working on some projects. I assembled about 50 invites and ordered my postage. Postage is going up as of May 1st...booo...so I have been holding out on that one.

I also began working on my favors. Mr. G and I decided to do a scratch off lottery ticket in an envelope at each place setting. I created a sticker design using PowerPoint and printed it on full sheet label paper. Using my 2.5" circle punch, I punched out each sticker. Each sticker was then placed on the velum envelope that I ordered from www.blissweddingmarket.com. So far, I have put stickers on 100 of the envelopes. My dad ordered 250 "Diamond Dazzlers" lottery tickets and I should have those soon. I plan to put a shiny penny inside each of the envelopes too so people can actually scratch off their ticket right there.



I also worked on my matches project and was able to get about 30 more match boxes finished. Here is the work in progress!

3 comments:

tambride013010 said...

I like the matches idea. We might have a table for cigars with accessories and all. These would be really good for the table. Did you use a power point program for these too? If so, was there a perfect sized label??

Mrs. G said...

See my other post about the matches. I give step by sep instructions!
http://soontobemissesg.blogspot.com/2009/03/pretty-nice-little-saturday-actually.html

Mrs. G said...

There wasn't a perfect sized label. I just measured the match box and made a box in PowerPoint that was the same size. Hope this helps! Good luck!