Tuesday, April 28, 2009

To bolero or not to bolero?

So I have always loved the look of the lace shurg or bolero for the ceremony. Something like this...but once I found my dress I didn't think any more about it.


Now I'm starting to reconsider...now I love my dress and don't think it needs anything else but I can't help but wonder how this would look with my dress. Is it worth another $225? If I do wear the bolero...do I still wear a veil? If so...what kind? My dress has lace detail only on the top...will a bolero take away from that?

Too many decisions!

UPDATE 4/29:
The seamstress who is working on my flowergirl's dress and my bridesmaids dresses (who happens to be a friend of my mother) said she could make the bolero no problem! So that means I wouldn't have to pay $225 but...still no decision! I think I'll have to wait until my dress comes in and do a sort of "test run".

3 comments:

Shell said...

i think the dress would like stunning either way! could you wear it for just part of the day? maybe just the ceremony or up until dancing?

I also think it depends on the mood of your wedding. if you're going for classic or elegant, the bolero would be perfect. However, if you are opting for a modern or playful wedding, it may look out of place.

Nicole said...

is your dress a paloma blanca!! Mine is!!! i love it!

Mrs. G said...

Paloma Blanca 3802!