Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Baby Tales #1: The day we found out 4/20/10

I had been feeling suuuuper tired (among other things and are just TMI for this kind of thing) for a few days.  On Monday, April 19, I was so tired I went to bed at 6:00 PM and Mr. G thought I was sick...little did he know!  I slept for 12 hours and woke up in the morning still exhausted, but I dragged myself to work.  I barely made it through work and couldn't get myself home fast enough. 

As I was sitting on the couch, it sort of hit me that aunt flo hadn't shown up yet and she was due 2 days ago.  Hmm...I'd been keeping really close track of my cycles so I knew pretty much to the day when she was supposed to arrive.  Naturally, my mind started wandering to the pregnancy test that was sitting in the drawer in the bathroom.  But no...that couldn't be it and besides Mr. G wasn't home yet!

Mr. G got home, we ate dinner and he asked how I was feeling.  I told him I was still exhausted and that I thought I could possibly...just maybe...be pregnant.  "Bust out that test!" he says.  Umm...are you sure??  Do you realllly think I could be...do you really want to know NOW???  YES!

So we did and...the rest is history.  We were a shocked, excited, scared, crying mess!  I wish we had taken more pictures that night, but both of our cameras were broken and all we had were the iPhones...  I think we were also scared to document anything for fear someone might find out! Don't worry...we've since bought a new camera!

Here's the only one from the night:

3 comments:

Julie C. said...

This is super cute! Love that Coach was so into it! Love you guys!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Aw, so sweet. I have been wondering what happened to you! :) Congratulations!

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) said...

Getting that positive is such a moment of 10,000 emotions!!!

We too were a bit surprised by our positive but oh so happy!