Monday, June 14, 2010

Baby Tales #4: Weeks 10/11

Overall Feelings: Over the last week or so I've been starting to feel better.  I'm not as tired and not quite as nauseous.  I don't want to jinx myself but, I think we might be on the home stretch toward the 2nd trimester!  School is out this week and I absolutely cannot wait to sleep in and lounge on the couch! 

Food Cravings/Aversions: No serious cravings still, but I'm more open to all foods again.  I have been starting to cook dinner again and meat doesn't disgust me...yay!  (Don't tell my husband yet though...haha) Cooking dinner might also have something to do with the fact that I'm pretty much done with work and don't have anything else to worry about. 

Highlight(s) of the Week: Have I already mentioned that school is out?!?  Ok ok...moving on...we had our second appointment with the doctor at the end of week 10.  We got to see our little bean and it actually looks like a baby now!  That was really cool and of course I cried.  Little bean was moving around and waving his arms as if to say "Hi Mom and Dad!".  So so cool!  Again, everything looks great and little bean is about 4 centimeters long at this point. We left from the doctor and heading straight to spend the weekend with Mr. G's best friend from college and his wife along with many other friends.  We knew it was only a matter of time before they realized something was up.  And sure enough...as soon as someone offered me a beer and I passed, I got the side eye look and then a huge grin.  They were very excited and we had a great weekend!

People have been asking if I have a feeling about the gender and yes, all along I have thought that little bean is a boy.  I'm sure (s)he's a girl though just to prove me wrong!  Mr. G and I have a boy's name picked out, but we haven't begun to talk about girl's names.  Maybe we won't need a girl's name...we'll find out in the beginning of August.  I can't wait for that moment!

No comments: