Thursday, June 10, 2010

Baby Tales #2: 7 weeks


Overall feeling: I've been suuuper tired and a bit nauseous.  It's been really hard to get up and get to work, especially because it's the end of the school year and everything is so busy.  I got some ginger chews from Trader Joe's that seem to be working for the nausea.  Other than that, I've been eating small meals all day...and cereal for dinner.  The evenings are the worst.  Poor Mr. G has been on his own for dinner for a few weeks now and I can't see any end in sight.  I haven't been sleeping well either.  I wake up a few times to go to the bathroom and can't ever get myself back to sleep.  I think it might be time for me to steal Mr. G's body pillow!  It has been REALLY hard not to tell other people and I admit that I've told a few at work and a few friends, but I can't help it! 

Food cravings/aversions: I wouldn't  say I've had any cravings, but I do enjoy some Taco Bell bean burritos!  I'm really disgusted by chicken and other meat and Mexican food.  Just the thought....ugh!

Highlight(s) of the week: We told our parents on Mother's Day and it was so much fun!  Mr. G's mom had no idea and was completely shocked...too bad they had chosen to go to a Mexican restaurant for dinner and the only thing I ate was rice and beans :-(  My mom cried and my dad calls every day now...just to check in.  We also went to the doctor for the first time!  We got to see our little peanut and a tiny flickering heartbeat.  I think that was better than telling our parents!  We couldn't hear anything yet, but we did get to see it and the doctor said everything looks great for now.  My due date is officially Christmas day, although the doctor thinks I'm a few days behind based on my cycle. 

No baby bump yet...but here's a few (with our new camera!) to get you started.

2 comments:

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) said...

I was SO sick and sleepy week 7. The first trimester is a challenge!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Aw you look great :)