Monday, July 13, 2009

Busy Day!

My goodness where does the time go? I woke up this morning and had a little panic attack when I realized I'm under 20 days...so I decided to get right to work. I woke up at 9 and didn't look at the clock until 2:30! 2:30?!?! I didn't eat breakfast...I didn't shower...I was still in my PJs! (Don't worry, I have since taken a shower and eaten...)

Here's my accomplishments for the day!
Step 1: Trace the G onto cardstock and cut out. (The same G that I've been using for everything else)
Step 2: Trace G onto styrofoam. (I purchased a piece from Michael's)
Step 3(not pictured): Use a skewer or chop stick to poke a hole through the top. Fold ribbon of desired length in half and use skewer again to poke all the way through the hole. Tie a not at the bottom so the ribbon won't pull back through the hole.

Step 4 (not pictured): Pull stems of silk carnations off and dip in hot glue. Stick into styrofoam, starting around edges and working your way around. (I bought 100 carnations for $20 from ebay seller roseys_garden)

Step 5: Use scissors to give the flowers a "haircut", especially in between the edges!
Finished product! I LOVE it!


It will hang from the front of our sweetheart table and I can't wait to see it hanging there...in 19 days!

I also started to tackle the seating chart today. What a process...ugh! Martha Stewart's seating tool has been the most helpful, but for some reason it won't save my work as I'm going. I seated everyone but returned (after my shower) to find that it had only saved half my work! Good thing I printed it! Still a work in progress...but...you get the idea!

2 comments:

Nicole-Lynn said...

It turned out great!

Nicole said...

take a plane ride somewhere... :) i did the entire seating chart in 4 hours...on my way back to the west coast... it was like i was on this high... but i got it done!!!!! and i didn't really use any special software..just white paper and a pen...